Petra Airlines Takes Delivery of Its First Airbus A-320
Petra Airlines (member of Rum Group for Transportation and Tourism Investment PSC) took delivery of first of two A320 aircrafts last Thursday in Amman Civil Airport. Riad Khashman, the Chairman and CEO of Rum Group and Petra Airlines said that the delivery of Petra's first A320 constitutes the beginning of the Company's operations, which fulfilled the requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission (CARC) as a commercial air carrier. He also added that Petra Airlines acquired two A320 aircrafts. The aircrafts are equipped with the highest safety standards and latest technical and passenger entertainment requirements. It also contains two classes; business and economy.
We are expecting to take delivery of the second aircraft during this month; we have properly equipped our technical staff, crew members as well as our operations office at Amman Civil Airport, he added.
Khasman also said that Petra Airlines entered into maintenance agreements with Jordan Aircraft Maintenance Limited (JorAMCo) and Airbus International, by which Petra Airlines will receive logistical and technical support for its Aircrafts.
Khashman explained that Petra Airlines operating plan consists of reformulating and developing inbound tourism to Jordan through providing integrated tourism and hospitality services, in addition to air carrying to Europe, the emerging markets and those markets that are not properly served due to the absence of direct flights to them. He also added that the Group is capable of benefiting from these opportunities due to the integrated services it provides and the important and effective role it plays in the tourism sector in Jordan.
Khashman illustrated that the beginning of the Company's operations will have excellent impact on its revenues and profit margins, especially that most of the Company's revenue will be generated from outside Jordan, which will enhance the financial position of both Rum Group and Petra Airlines. This will also diversify the portfolio of assets that Rum Group owns, especially at this start-up phase.
- Time for permits: how recreational drones are threatening Dubai's airspace
- Saudi intervenes to keep Mecca-Medina project on track : "final warning" to avoid slowing high-speed rail service
- Is it a bird, is it a plane? It's Etihad's first superjumbo jet! Airway's Airbus A380 takes off next week
- Egypt's old taxis get a white-washing: Government pours 1.5 bn EGP into white cab project
- Saudia gets an early Christmas present?! New Boeing 777-300ER to supplement Saudi flagship airline
- Air Arabia takes delivery of first Sharklet equipped Airbus A320 aircraft
- Jazeera Airways takes delivery of first Airbus A320
- Jazeera Airways takes delivery of brand new Airbus A320 aircraft from the manufacturer in Hamburg, Germany
- Jazeera Airways takes delivery of brand new Airbus A320 aircraft from the manufacturer, brings fleet up to 14 aircraft