Turkish operator says Tunisian airports safe
TAV Havalimanlari Holding A.S. (TAV), a Turkey-based company engaged in the development, construction and management of airports, has tried to calm investors regarding the recent unrest in Tunisia. According to the company, Monastir and Enfidha Airports, which operated by TAV Tunisie SA, an affiliate of the Turkish company is open to flights.
Enfidha Airport is being used to transfer foreign citizens abroad. The airports that the Turkish firm operates in Tunisia "have been under police and army protection since the first day of the unrest and there has been no security problem," the announcement said.
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Qatar Airways increases its stake in British Airways' International Airlines Group to 20 percent
- Boeing predicts 58,000 new pilots needed in Middle East within 20 years
- UAE and China reach for the stars with MOU on outer space research
- United Airlines to end Washington-Dubai route: a case of sour grapes?