Vix ERG Wins Saudi Arabia AFC Contract
Bombardier Transportation has awarded Vix ERG with the contract to supply and install the Automated Fare Collection System for the King Abdullah Financial District Monorail Project in Saudi Arabia.
The contract, worth more than EUR 4.6 million, includes the installation of Vix ERG's award winning eBrio AFC solution and the supply of Fare Gates, Ticket Vending Machines, Ticket Office Machines and associated equipment for the INNOVIA Monorail 300 System being installed by Bombardier. The complete Monorail System has a rapid implementation schedule with revenue service scheduled to commence in 2012.
"This contract award in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reinforces our position as a global leader in the supply and installation of Automated Fare Collection Systems and we are glad to have the opportunity to work again with Bombardier in delivering the AFC portion of their monorail system supply project after having worked successfully with them on similar projects previously" said Vix ERG CEO, Steve Gallagher.
- Dubai plans for 25m visitors for World Expo 2020
- What is the GCC-wide rail project lacking? Apparently it's 'inspiration'
- Only 1% of Abu Dhabi population uses public transport
- Dubai tops public transportation affordability globally
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- Canadian SR Telecom receives $16 million Saudi orders
- ABB to Supply Electrical and SCADA Equipment for King Saud University’s Rapid Transit System
- Canada’s SR Telecom to install 24,000 lines in Saudi Arabia
- World expertise to support The Palm Monorail
- Dutch firms awarded Siemens’ CBM contract for Shuweihat project