Vix ERG Wins Saudi Arabia AFC Contract
Bombardier Transportation has awarded Vix ERG with the contract to supply and install the Automated Fare Collection System for the King Abdullah Financial District Monorail Project in Saudi Arabia.
The contract, worth more than EUR 4.6 million, includes the installation of Vix ERG's award winning eBrio AFC solution and the supply of Fare Gates, Ticket Vending Machines, Ticket Office Machines and associated equipment for the INNOVIA Monorail 300 System being installed by Bombardier. The complete Monorail System has a rapid implementation schedule with revenue service scheduled to commence in 2012.
"This contract award in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reinforces our position as a global leader in the supply and installation of Automated Fare Collection Systems and we are glad to have the opportunity to work again with Bombardier in delivering the AFC portion of their monorail system supply project after having worked successfully with them on similar projects previously" said Vix ERG CEO, Steve Gallagher.
- A year later: how safe is flying after the Malaysian airlines' disasters?
- Nationalist glory or economic revival? Why Egyptians are rushing for two-way traffic in the Suez Canal
- Open skies vs. closed economies: American aviation giants split over competing with Gulf airlines
- The sky is the limit: has the time come for air traffic control in the GCC?
- After a very deadly 2014, aviation leaders seek new safety mandate