Vix ERG Wins Saudi Arabia AFC Contract
Bombardier Transportation has awarded Vix ERG with the contract to supply and install the Automated Fare Collection System for the King Abdullah Financial District Monorail Project in Saudi Arabia.
The contract, worth more than EUR 4.6 million, includes the installation of Vix ERG's award winning eBrio AFC solution and the supply of Fare Gates, Ticket Vending Machines, Ticket Office Machines and associated equipment for the INNOVIA Monorail 300 System being installed by Bombardier. The complete Monorail System has a rapid implementation schedule with revenue service scheduled to commence in 2012.
"This contract award in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reinforces our position as a global leader in the supply and installation of Automated Fare Collection Systems and we are glad to have the opportunity to work again with Bombardier in delivering the AFC portion of their monorail system supply project after having worked successfully with them on similar projects previously" said Vix ERG CEO, Steve Gallagher.
- Is it a bird, is it a plane? It's Etihad's first superjumbo jet! Airway's Airbus A380 takes off next week
- Egypt's old taxis get a white-washing: Government pours 1.5 bn EGP into white cab project
- Saudia gets an early Christmas present?! New Boeing 777-300ER to supplement Saudi flagship airline
- $280 billion later: Middle East airlines' plane ordering binge to slowdown
- A whole new GDP: Dubai's aviation sector stands at $26.7 billion