Vix ERG Wins Saudi Arabia AFC Contract
Bombardier Transportation has awarded Vix ERG with the contract to supply and install the Automated Fare Collection System for the King Abdullah Financial District Monorail Project in Saudi Arabia.
The contract, worth more than EUR 4.6 million, includes the installation of Vix ERG's award winning eBrio AFC solution and the supply of Fare Gates, Ticket Vending Machines, Ticket Office Machines and associated equipment for the INNOVIA Monorail 300 System being installed by Bombardier. The complete Monorail System has a rapid implementation schedule with revenue service scheduled to commence in 2012.
"This contract award in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reinforces our position as a global leader in the supply and installation of Automated Fare Collection Systems and we are glad to have the opportunity to work again with Bombardier in delivering the AFC portion of their monorail system supply project after having worked successfully with them on similar projects previously" said Vix ERG CEO, Steve Gallagher.
- No, Yemen, this US drone is full of...Amazon packages? Website announces new shipping plan for 2015
- Meet Oman's mysterious oil billionaire builiding the world's most luxurious yachts
- Gulf airlines are busy buying airplanes that no one will fly
- Spoiled much? Gulf airlines splurge more than their countries' GDP's on new aircrafts at Dubai Airshow
- Emirates purchases at Dubai Airshow projected as 'biggest news item of the year'
- Canadian SR Telecom receives $16 million Saudi orders
- ABB to Supply Electrical and SCADA Equipment for King Saud University’s Rapid Transit System
- Canada’s SR Telecom to install 24,000 lines in Saudi Arabia
- World expertise to support The Palm Monorail
- Zamil Steel Industries awarded supply contract for Saudi Arabia's Shoaiba power plant project