UAE makes top 500 companies list
Two companies from the UAE – Emirates Airlines and telecoms giant Etisalat – have been included in a new list of the world’s top 500 brands.
According to Brand Finance, which studies companies across the world to create the annual list, Emirates flew up four spaces from 291 to 287 this year with a brand value of $3.7 billion.
However, Etisalat, now with an estimated brand worth of $3.1 billion, dropped one spot lower than last year to 363. The number one brand is iPad creator Apple, now worth a whopping $70.6 billion, who leapfrogged Google to nab top spot.
The only Asian company ranked in the top 10 is South Korean powerhouse Samsung, listed sixth. However, in a sign that Gulf brands still have some way to go, the only other company from the region ranked in the top 500 is Saudi Telecom Company, in 401st place.
- Trouble getting them, trouble keeping them? Middle East firms challenged in attracting, retaining talent
- Does capitalism provide a solution to terrorism?
- No pain, no gain: Tunisian economy needs three years of tough love before rebounding
- How will MENA economies look in 2015?
- Sanctions face-off: Iran to unveil its corporate side in London next week