UAE makes top 500 companies list
Two companies from the UAE – Emirates Airlines and telecoms giant Etisalat – have been included in a new list of the world’s top 500 brands.
According to Brand Finance, which studies companies across the world to create the annual list, Emirates flew up four spaces from 291 to 287 this year with a brand value of $3.7 billion.
However, Etisalat, now with an estimated brand worth of $3.1 billion, dropped one spot lower than last year to 363. The number one brand is iPad creator Apple, now worth a whopping $70.6 billion, who leapfrogged Google to nab top spot.
The only Asian company ranked in the top 10 is South Korean powerhouse Samsung, listed sixth. However, in a sign that Gulf brands still have some way to go, the only other company from the region ranked in the top 500 is Saudi Telecom Company, in 401st place.
- Calculating the true cost of regional strife
- Just BS? Why Israel's anti-BDS law can't really stop BDS internationally
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC