Emaar Hospitality Group, the wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai-based global property developer Emaar Properties, manages the company’s growing roster of hospitality and leisure projects. Emaar Hospitality owns and manages a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets such as hotels, serviced residences, golf resorts, Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club, recreation clubs, the Dubai Marina and associated yacht club. Emaar Hospitality Group’s vision is to be recognized as the premier global provider of personal, innovative and memorable lifestyle experiences.
UAE nationals from Emaar Hospitality Group successfully complete American Hotel & Lodging Association’s training workshop
Four UAE nationals from Emaar Hospitality Group, the hospitality & leisure subsidiary of global property developer Emaar Properties PJSC, have successfully completed the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s (AH&LA) Certified Guest Service Professional Workshop Certification in partnership with the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing.
The only hospitality group in the Middle East and North Africa to undertake the AH&LA’s programme, Emaar Hospitality Group awarded the graduates with certificates and gold lapel pins on Sunday, 31st July in recognition of their achievement. Mr. Ibrahim Yaqoot, Executive Director, Corporate Support of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing presented students with the awards at Emaar Business Park.
Supported by the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), nearly 90 percent of UAE nationals working across Emaar Hospitality properties were enrolled in the ‘Basic Hospitality’ two-day AHLA workshop.
Mr. Patrick Heuze, Chief Executive Officer, Emaar Hospitality Group said: “Professional training is an integral component in improving overall employee performance, and with the AH&LA Basic Hospitality Workshop, Emaar Hospitality Group provided vocational training for UAE nationals, expanding their knowledge base. This training played a vital part in enriching associate experience, promoting values of professionalism, teamwork, communication and leadership skills.”
He added: “We will endeavour to expand our scope to include more workshops spanning different aspects of the hospitality, highlighting our commitment to nurture Emirati talent and support the growth of Emiratis in Emaar Hospitality Group.”
The workshops covered an array of topics including soft skills, welcoming guests, telephone etiquette, customer care, dealing with customer complaints, urgency in requests, appropriate behaviour in the workplace, grooming/hygiene, going the extra mile to wow guests, attitude towards guests and their satisfaction, importance of teamwork, and overall knowledge and information know-how on Dubai.
The portfolio of Emaar Hospitality Group includes The Address Hotels + Resorts, which features five hotels in Dubai, as well as leisure assets such as Dubai Marina Yacht Club, Arabian Ranches Golf Club and Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club. The Group also has the Al Manzil and Qamardeen hotels, Nuran Serviced Residences and Hayya! Health Clubs.
- Starting with whale meat, Japan launches halal tourism
- The more the merrier: will the Mall of the World bring more tourists to Dubai?
- Flying is overrated? Why global cruise companies are rightfully eying GCC markets
- Time to recover its neglected asset: Algeria plans to restore its seaside splendor
- The road less traveled: how alternative tourism is proving to be a viable option for the Egyptian economy
- Emaar Hospitality Group supports Emiratisation with empowering meetings and seminars for UAE Nationals
- Emaar Hospitality Group highlights strategy to support Tourism Vision 2020 at ATM 2014
- Emaar’s new ‘Manzil’ brand brings authentic Arabesque flavour to modern boutique hotels
- Listing: ‘Live It Up’ with Emaar Hospitality Group
- Emaar Hospitality Group acquires management of Al Manzil and Qamardeen hotels in Downtown Dubai