Yemen arrests three wounded al Qaeda members
The Yemeni army have detained three suspected al Qaeda gunmen who were hurt in a raid that killed two members of the group on Monday, a security source said on Wednesday. The three had initially escaped, fleeing to another province where they sought shelter and medical care, the security source told Reuters. They were found in a hospital and arrested on Tuesday.
Four other people who had been sheltering the gunmen were also arrested, the source added. According to him, doctors in the hospital may not have realised the men they were treating were probably from al Qaeda.
The latest arrests bring to eight the number of al Qaeda suspects held in the current manhunt, security sources said.
- Three Saudi security men killed in attempt to arrest suspected al Qaeda members
- Yemen: Al Qaeda suspect fails to escape hospital
- Yemen president: Sanaa to Arrest at Least Two Al Qaeda Members
- Yemen Closing in on Two al Qaeda Suspects; Four al Qaeda Members Go on Trial in Italy
- U.S. drone strike kills four Al Qaeda members in Yemen