- FIFA candidate Infantino visits Iran in battle for votesUEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino arrived in Iran on Wednesday after deciding to leave no stone unturned in his bid for votes in this month's FIFA presidential election.Full Story »
- Ronaldo remains world's best footballer, says ZidaneReal Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has thrown his support behind an underperforming Cristiano Ronaldo, labelling the star striker as the best player in the world.Full Story »
- Tour of Qatar organizers under pressure following massive crashOne cyclist was left with a broken collarbone after mass pile-upFull Story »
- Video: Ahly ease past Zamalek, open up seven-point gapMalick Evouna ran half the length of the pitch, bamboozled three defenders and placed a shot into the bottom corner as Ahly claimed the Cairo derby bragging rights by beating Zamalek 2-0 to go seven points clear at the top of the Egyptian Premier League table on Tuesday.Full Story »
1 - 2 OF 10
- European clubs back Infantino for FIFA presidencyLeading European clubs are supporting UEFA secretary general Gianni Infantino in his bid to become president of football governing body FIFA, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said Tuesday.
- New FIFA poll push for Shaikh SalmanTen Arab and international human rights organisations have launched a campaign in support of a Bahraini official in his bid to become Fifa president.
- Police declare that no fans will be allowed to attend Al-Ahly vs Al-Zamalek matchThe Ministry of Interior declared that fans will not be allowed to enter Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria for the face-off between arch-rivals Al-Ahly SC and Al-Zamalek SC on Tuesday.
- Zamalek Ultras to gather in memory of 2015 stadium disaster victimsZamalek’s Ultras will commemorate at Fustat Park the one year anniversary of the stadium clashes and stampedes that killed 20 fans
- Algeria's Mahrez reaches new Premier League milestoneThe winger reached double figures for goals and assists in the Premier League this season - and only one player was quicker to the milestone in Europe...
- Manchester City 1-3 Leicester City: Mahrez, Huth goals move Foxes six points clearGoals from the German defender and Riyad Mahrez saw Claudio Ranieri's side send out a title message to their rivals with an emphatic victory at the Etihad Stadium
- Africa's CAF supports Sheikh Salman in FIFA presidential electionThe African football confederation CAF will back Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa of Bahrain for the presidential
- Belgium remain top in FIFA rankings; Palestine biggest climbersBelgium maintained first place and Hungary rose to a best ever 19th in the latest football world rankings issued Thursday by the ruling body FIFA, with most changes coming in the lower regions.
- Ultras Ahlawy remain defiant 4 years after deadly Port Said stadium violence The Ultras Ahlawy fan group reiterated demands for retribution this week, four years after a football stadium turned into a crime scene and over 70 people were killed in the Egyptian city of Port Said in February 2012.
- Infantino gets broad European backing for FIFA presidential bidThe football federations of 2018 World Cup hosts Russia, Denmark and Moldova were the latest on Wednesday to announce their support of Gianni Infantino in his bid for the presidency of the world governing body FIFA.
1 - 2 OF 10
- Simona Halep gets wildcard for Dubai Duty Free Tennis ChampionshipsA stunning four of the world’s top five and six of the top 10 will compete in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships WTA event next week after defending champion and world number three Simona Halep, 2015 Dubai finalist Karolina Pliskova and two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova accepted wild cards into the tournament.
- Qatar keen to host Summer OlympicsDespite two unsuccessful bids in the past, Doha has still not given up on its dream to host the Summer Olympics, Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) secretary-general Dr Thani al-Kuwari has said.
- Lebanese basketball icon El-Khatib returns from China, rejoins RiyadiLebanese basketball icon Fadi El-Khatib returned to the country late Sunday after ending his second stint in the Chinese Basketball Association League with Fujian club, who failed to make the playoffs.
- Egypt’s Sporting Club defeats Jordan's Orthodox Club in basketball at AWSTThe Egyptian Sporting Club has defeated Jordan's Orthodox Club 48-47 after a very tough basketball match as part of the third Arab Women Sports Tournament...
- Qatar sports officials to address AIPS CongressPresentations by top delegates and continental meetings of the 79th AIPS Congress (Association Internationale De La Presse Sportive or International Sports Press Association) start here Monday at the Doha Sheraton.
- Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos defeat Carolina Panthers 24-10The Denver Broncos stifled the high-scoring Carolina offense and capitalized on critical fumbles by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton to win 24-10 in Super Bowl 50 on Sunday night.
- Qatar Airways Group to celebrate Qatar Sports DayQatar Airways Group employees, alongside their family members, are getting ready to celebrate this year’s Qatar National Sports Day at Al-Sadd Sports Club on Tuesday.
- Marcel Kittel wins Dubai Tour 2016Germany's Marcel Kittel won the Tour of Dubai on Saturday after he outsprinted his rivals, claiming victory in the final fourth stage of the race.
- All set for Dammam Badminton Open ChallengeThe Saudi Badminton Committee (SBC), affiliated to the Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee, will be organizing a mega event here in cooperation with Evenlode Badminton Club (EBC), Dammam.
- AWST athletics concludesThe athletics competitions of the Arab Women Sports Tournament 2016 (AWST) ended here Friday, while team events basketball, table tennis and volleyball are in progress.
The pack rides on the highway during the second stage of the 2016 Tour of Qatar cycling race, starting and finishing at the Qatar University on February 9, 2016. Norway's Alexander Kristoff won a sprint finish ahead of Britain's Marc Cavendish in the second stage of the Tour of Qatar.
Naft Tehran's Reza Aliyari (L) and Qatar's El Jaish player Ricardo Romarinho chase the ball during AFC Champions League 3rd qualifying round play-off football match at the Azadi stadium in Tehran on February 9, 2016.
Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland plays his third shot during the first round of the 2016 Dubai Desert Classic at the Emirates Golf Club on February 4, 2016 in Dubai.
First Women Sports Journalist Forum opens at 3rd Arab Women Sports Tournament in Sharjah @AWSTShj
Rickie Fowler of the United States celebrates with his trophy after winning in the final of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship in the capital of the United Arab Emirates on January 24, 2016.
Real Madrid's French forward Karim Benzema celebrates after scoring during the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs Real Sporting de Gijon at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 17, 2016. AFP PHOTO/ PEDRO ARMESTRE
Real Madrid's new French coach Zinedine Zidane looks on before the Spanish league football match Real Madrid CF vs RC Deportivo La Coruna at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on January 9, 2016. AFP PHOTO / GERARD JULIEN
Novak Djokovic of Serbia (L) poses for a photo with his winning trophy next to Rafael Nadal of Spain holding his second place trophy following the final of the Qatar Open tennis tournament on January 9, 2016, in Doha. AFP PHOTO / KARIM JAAFAR