Red Hat and Samsung Form Strategic Alliance to Deliver the Next Generation of Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, and Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) today announced a strategic alliance to deliver the next generation of mobile solutions for the enterprise. The alliance draws upon the combined strengths of each company – the breadth of Samsung's mobile device portfolio fused with the depth of Red Hat's open source middleware, mobile and cloud technologies – to deliver mobile solutions that enable rapid development and integration of enterprise applications for organizations moving toward a mobile-first strategy.
As the leader in enterprise mobile and open source solutions, Red Hat brings flexibility, community credibility, and world-class support for application development and deployments on premise and across private, public, and hybrid cloud environments. Building on its leading position in consumer products, Samsung Business Services, part of Samsung Electronics America, Inc., provides a diverse portfolio of technologies targeted for business from smartphones to wearables, tablets, digital displays, hospitality TVs and printers.
Next Generation Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise
Mobility is a top priority for many businesses as a means to drive innovation, streamline operational efficiency, and develop new business models. The next generation of mobile business solutions is expected to be defined by greater levels of openness, agility, and access to critical business information, while still maintaining required levels of security. The joint mobility solutions from Red Hat and Samsung Business Services intend to deliver on those needs and help businesses advance and accelerate their mobile initiatives.
Samsung Business Services and Red Hat plan to deliver:
- Business applications: A series of enterprise-ready industry-specific mobile applications that will run on the Red Hat Mobile Application Platform and address key workforce management and business tasks, such as business intelligence, field and customer service, inventory management and sales catalog, pricing, ordering, and invoicing. The applications will be designed so that they can optionally be customized and tailored to fit the needs of an organization’s unique needs. The mobile applications will run on Android and other operating environments via the Red Hat Mobile Application Platform, and will be configurable to integrate into common enterprise back-end systems.
- A developer ecosystem: Tools and resources to build and nurture a new ecosystem of enterprise partners and developers to promote rapid innovation and availability of solutions that meet both current and emerging needs in mobility.
- Support services: Integrated support for customers and partners, Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), and global delivery and support services for the Red Hat Mobile Application Platform.
- Business collaboration: Red Hat and Samsung Business Services plan to actively engage in joint go-to-market activities for the solutions developed through the alliance.
The initial phase of the alliance will be focused in the U.S.
Craig Muzilla, senior vice president, Application Platforms Business, Red Hat
“Effective and successful enterprise mobility strategies take into account both platforms and devices, and how they come together to help enable powerful end-to-end mobile solutions. We believe deeply in the power of collaboration, and we're excited to join with Samsung in not only delivering a new generation of mobile solutions for the enterprise, but in empowering customers to achieve new levels of innovation in mobile.”
Robin Bienfait, executive vice president, chief enterprise innovation officer, Samsung
“We are excited to collaborate with Red Hat to deliver the next generation of mobile enterprise applications and solutions, and are committed to shaping the future of innovation. Samsung firmly believes that strategic alliances with organizations such as Red Hat that deliver open source enterprise infrastructure and provide reliable, secure integration from the back end to the end user will help businesses more readily adopt a mobile first environment.”
- More about Red Hat Summit
- Follow updates from Red Hat Summit Twitter at @RedHatSummit or #RHSummit
- Engage with Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about RedHat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow RedHatonTwitter
- Like RedHatonFacebook
- Watch RedHatvideosonYouTube
- Join RedHatonGoogle+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
Connect with Samsung
Red Hat is an enterprise software company with an open source development model.