A suicide attack targeting a security post in Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province on Tuesday killed at least 10 people, an official confirmed.
Attaullah Khogyani, spokesman for the provincial governor, said a lone suicide bomber blew his explosives near a check post of spy agency National Directorate of Security, killing two security personnel and eight civilians.
He said the incident took place at round 10.00 a.m. local time (0530 GMT) in the provincial capital Jalalabad.
An investigation into the incident has been launched, he said.
According to the local Salam Afghanistan radio, a nearby fuel station caught fire after the blast inflicting more damage and casualties. Children are reportedly among the victims.
There has been no immediate claim of responsibility.
The city saw a deadly ISIS attack last week targeting the Afghan Sikh and Hindu community, killing 19 people.
Located 152 kilometers (94 miles) from the Afghan capital Kabul, Nangarhar has been marred by pro-ISIS militancy.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
© Copyright Andolu Ajansi