Ronaldo to sign new Real Madrid contract
Ronaldo to extend stay in Real Madrid beyond 2015 with new 10.35m pounds contract
The declaration, which will be compiled by the club, and is expected to be signed by the player as well, will affirm Real's commitment to eventually extend Ronaldo's contract beyond 2015 and give the club's full support to his candidacy for the Balon D'Or prize awarded at the end of the year.
The reaction addresses the two main reasons behind Ronaldo's current unhappiness: the failure of the club to extend his current deal and a perceived lack of institutional support towards him in his battle to beat the likes of Leo Messi and Andres Iniesta to football's top individual prizes, the Daily Mail reports.
There had also been leaks from the player's camp that he had grown unhappy because he is not universally loved, and his unhappiness had extended to the Real dressing room, where he was once part of a band of Portuguese-speaking players.
Paying Ronaldo his eight million pounds a year has been costing the club just under 10 million pounds a season. Now, by giving in to his 30 per cent pay increase demands, his new 10.35 million pound take home pay would see the club shelling out more than 20 million pound a season, the paper added. (ANI)
- Ferguson wants Ronaldo at Man Utd if he decides to leave Real Madrid
- Ronaldo's future at Real Madrid under the microscope
- Man Utd hope to lure Ronaldo following denial of contract renewal with Real
- Ronaldo: Man Utd is the past, I'm happy at Real Madrid now!
- Official: Real Madrid sign Bale for reported €100 million