Reinforcing its firm commitment to the Gulf region, Cisco today announced the appointment of two regional general managers to support the company’s active growth strategy. Effective immediately, Hani El-Kukhun and Mohamad Hassoun will assume the positions of general manager covering Kuwait and general manager covering Bahrain, respectively, both reporting to Tarek Ghoul, director and general manager for Cisco’s Gulf operations.
Key Facts and Figures:
• The new appointments further reinforce Cisco’s commitment to collaborate with community organizations and local governments in the Gulf region to help support plans for accelerated development, mainly in the information technology industry, education, labour, human capital development, health care and economic reform throughout the Gulf region.
• Mohamad Hassoun, who joined Cisco in 2006, brings more than 15 years’ experience in information and communications technology. He joined Cisco from Humansoft, where he was the general manager and later vice president for the Gulf and Levant regions and managed the company’s IPO process to be listed and traded on the Kuwait Stock Exchange.
• Hani El-Kukhun is a seasoned executive with more than 17 years of work experience in the U.S., Canada and Kuwait. During the last four years at Cisco, Hani was responsible for building the telecommunications business out of Kuwait alongside major telecommunications companies like Zain and Wataniya. He is U.S.-educated and held senior positions in Xerox and TELUS in the U.S. and Canada before joining Cisco.
• Both El-Kukhun and Hassoun have solid expertise and knowledge across all Cisco business segments and architectures, with an established track record in building solid customer relationships across Kuwait and Bahrain.
• One of Hassoun’s first tasks was to focus on the Cisco® Networkers Bahrain 2010 event, which took place at the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir, from 28 to 31 March 2010. Developed in collaboration with the government of Bahrain and with the support of Crown Prince His Highness Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, Networkers Bahrain represents a key milestone for Cisco in terms of furthering its commitment and ongoing investment in the Middle East and Gulf regions. As a strong financial center with excellent transport links, a robust regulatory framework and a rich culture, it was an ideal destination to host Networkers.
Tarek Ghoul, general manager, Cisco, Gulf
“Bahrain and Kuwait represent strategic growth opportunities for Cisco, as these two countries continue to initiate reforms while seeking competitive advantage and productivity gains. Given their already proven experience, Hani and Mohamad’s holistic country view will help Cisco grow in Bahrain and Kuwait.”
Mohamad Hassoun, general manager, Bahrain
"I welcome this challenge to further strengthen Cisco’s position as a leader in the ICT sector in Bahrain. Bahrain is already established as an excellent place to conduct business, as its progressive telecommunications regulatory environment is encouraging the nation, and its citizens, to harness the power of the network to increase productivity levels, supporting accelerated GDP growth rates and an ever-higher standard of living.”
Hani El-Kukhun, general manager, Kuwait
“Kuwait is a key market for us, and I am confident that in collaboration with the experienced team at Cisco we will not only be able to grow Cisco’s business in Kuwait but also support the government and key organizations to help people connect, communicate and collaborate.”
© 2000 - 2023 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)