Guenther Mueller, Chief Executive Officer of ASC telecom AG (www.asctelecom.com) in Hoesbach, Germany, has been awarded “Entrepreneur of the Year 2009” in the category Information and Communication Technology.
Mr. Mueller said, “I feel honored and very proud to receive this prestigious award, but it primarily reflects on ASC and its extraordinary innovative power. Everyone in our organization contributed to this result both as individuals and as a team dedicated to providing superior customer-centric solutions.”
After selecting 77 finalists from more than 300 nominations, a jury of prominent economic experts selected Entrepreneurs of the Year in five categories: Industry, Commerce, Service, Information and Communications Technology, and Start-Ups. The award ceremony took place at the famous “Old Opera House” in Frankfurt, Germany, on October 2, 2009.
Lothar Spaeth, Senior Adviser of Merrill Lynch, and one of the judges, noted that the decision was a difficult one. “The winning companies convinced us with their innovative strengths and their well-focused business models … they competed internationally and took the lead.”
Wolfgang Glauner, Promoter and Project Leader of the contest, added: “The winners convinced the jurors with clear double-digit growth rates and through their dedication to social and ecological projects.”
The award committee cited Mr. Mueller for his outstanding entrepreneurial dedication, readiness to assume a risk, courage and sense of responsibility. From 2007 to 2008, his company increased its revenues by 17.2 percent and its employees by 11 percent.
Mr. Mueller concluded, “Despite the worldwide financial crisis, ASC made contra-cyclical investments by increasing its staff for sales and marketing and emphasizing research and development. As a result, we expect to continue our strong growth rates for 2009.”
Ernst & Young organizes its “Entrepreneur of the Year” contest to recognize key contributors to the international business community. Its nominees must pass a rigorous, multi-level selection process prior to the award ceremony. An independent panel of industry leaders finally chooses one winner per category.
The independent jury consists of the following persons:
• Prof. Dr. h.c. Lothar Späth, Prime Minister (retired), Senior Advisor Merrill Lynch
• Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Prof. e.h. mult. Dr. h.c. mult. Hans-Jörg Bullinger, President “Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft“
• Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Franz, President „ZEW Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH“
• Dr. Patrick Adenauer, President “Die Familienunternehmer – ASU e.V.“
• Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. August-Wilhelm Scheer, Founder “IDS Scheer AG“
• Bettina Würth, Advisory Board Chairwoman “Würth-Gruppe, Adolf Würth GmbH & Co.KG”
• Dr. Loretta Würtenberger, Partner “Fine Art Equity GmbH & Co. KG”
For further information, please don’t hesitate to visit http://www.de.ey.com
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)