Following the recent code share agreement with Malaysia Airlines, Gulf Air has began its code shared flights between Bahrain-Muscat–Malaysia.
Under the agreement, Malaysia Airlines places its code on Gulf Air operated flights between Kuala Lumpur and Muscat/Bahrain.
Accordingly, flight GF280 departs Bahrain at 2245 every Monday, Friday and Sunday to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat. The return flight GF 281 departs Kuala Lumpur at 1615 every Monday, Tuesday and Saturday to Bahrain via Muscat.
"We are very pleased that we are able to start our code shared operation within a few weeks after signing the agreement," says Gulf Air Vice President Network Fareed Al Alawi.
"This is one of the fruitful outcomes of our meeting with Malaysian Tourism Promotion Board (MTPB) in Bahrain earlier this year, in which Gulf Air and MTPB agreed to explore possibilities of joint co-operation to promote the upcoming 50 years of Malaysia's nationhood in 2007. We hope to continue our cooperation."
Later this year Gulf Air will be adding its code on several Malaysian Airlines' domestic and international network, providing customers more and better connections to destinations in South East Asia.
“Malaysia is a very popular destination among Arabs, which has been witnessing a steady growth of tourist inflow year after year," says Malaysia Airlines Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Idris Jala.
With a whole range of celebrations planned to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Malaysia's nationhood, tourist arrival from the GCC countries will see a significant jump in 2007.
Gulf Air has been flying to Kuala Lumpur for many years and its holiday division, Gulf Air Holidays, has been offering travellers fantastic, value-for-money holiday packages.
Gulf Air already has code-sharing agreements with American Airlines, Thai Airways, BMI, Cyprus Airways, Egyptair, Philippine Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, KLM, Olympic Airlines, Oman Air, Qantas Airways, Royal Jordanian, Saudi Arabian Airlines and Middle East Airlines
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services: These include:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)