Hizbullah refutes Israeli claims on rocket removing from exploded house

Published October 15th, 2009 - 02:11 GMT

Hizbullah aired a video tape which refuted Israeli claims that Hizbullah men were removing rockets out of the house of a Hizbullah member after a blast ripped through his garage earlier this week. The Shiite movement urged the United Nations to look into the video footage.


The video segment aired on Al-Manar television showed a door and some furniture being removed from the house of Nasser Issa in Teir Felsay in south Lebanon. The Israeli army Tuesday showed a video, claiming Hizbullah fighters were seen removing dozens of rockets out of Issa's home after the explosion. Army spokeswoman Avital Leibowitz said the video was shot by an unmanned drone.

 

Lebanon's As-Safir daily, citing an official Lebanese version, reported Thursday that what happened at the garage of the three-story building in Teir Felsay was the result of direct contact of electrical wire with flammable materials which caused aan explosion that ignited the fire. It said following the blast, a group of residents came to the site and and started removing pieces, including the iron garage door which was wrapped in a white sheet and put in a pickup truck for transport. Several other pieces were also put in a similar truck for transport to an empty lot in Deir Qanoun al-Nahr.

 


© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

You may also like