HP announced today at GITEX that it will strengthen its enterprise imaging and printing product portfolio and strategy, including plans to increase the size and expertise of its sales force, to provide customers with unprecedented levels of service, information and business insight.
HP additionally announced its largest-ever rollout of multifunction printers, which are aimed at replacing copiers in businesses of all sizes. With these announcements, HP now provides enterprise imaging and printing customers with a full suite of services and solutions enabled by a world-class product portfolio.
“By leveraging our strengths in IT and our expertise in imaging and printing, HP is best-positioned to capture, manage and deliver the intelligence that enterprise customers need to improve their business processes. This is not only about cutting costs. It’s about using HP’s services and solutions to help customers manage business information more efficiently to improve productivity and competitive advantage,” said Vyomesh Joshi, Executive Vice President, Imaging and Printing Group, HP.
Amr Hassan, General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Middle-East, said: “This announcement couldn’t have come at a better time. As the Middle-East market matures, companies are demanding more industry-specific offerings and vertical solutions that address critical business needs such as improving processes, operational efficiencies, cost savings and revenue. HP has the proven expertise and the capabilities to address specific IT and end-user challenges for the future. 2006 has been a fantastic year for us overall and we plan to deliver an even bigger success story in 2007.”
Investing in sales force, expertise and tailored offerings
As part of a revitalised approach to make it easier to do business with HP, the company plans to hire hundreds of highly skilled sales consultants who will be dedicated to the company’s top 2,300 accounts. These experts will engage customers in conversations that go beyond simple cost cutting to understanding how to apply the information on the network to build competitive advantage.
HP’s strategy includes establishing teams of specialists that can address customers’ broad business environments. In addition to an account manager, each team will include specialists in technology, services and business processes with knowledge of the workflows, vertical applications and HP capabilities relevant to their customer’s specific needs.
Largest multifunction printer rollout in company history
HP’s new multifunction printer (MFP) lineup adds to the HP LaserJet portfolio, which offers the industry’s most complete set of options for both enterprise and small- to mid-size business customers. Highlights include:
Key highlights include:
• HP LaserJet M3035/3027 MFP Printer series – A compact, affordable workteam MFP that delivers up to 35ppm with exceptional output and a convenient stapler. This new product also includes an improved control panel with an intuitive and very simple touch-screen allowing easy interaction by visually walking through procedures, and assisting with setup and troubleshooting.
• HP LaserJet M4345 MFP Printer series – The follow on to the industry changing 4345 MFP. Ideal for workgroups, the MFP offers fast printing and copying at up to 43ppm optional faxing and advanced digital sending with paper handling, finishing and the improved control panel.
• HP LaserJet M5035/5025 MFP Printer series – The wide format MFP provides cost-effective A4 and A3 printing and copying at up to 35ppm, faxing and stapling options, with advanced digital sending and improved control panel.
• HP LaserJet CM1015/1017 MFP –. Combining print speeds of up to 8ppm (colour and black-and-white) with HP ImageREt 2400 technology and HP Colorsphere Toner, this affordable printer produces professional documents and photo printouts with brilliant colours. With its small footprint, the easy-to-use device fits easily on a desktop.
HP’s announcement also extends the range of monochrome technology for customers looking to increase office efficiency, and expanding the range of colour printing systems for customers looking to improve the effectiveness of general office documents and marketing collateral. Launching today are:
• HP LaserJet P3005 Printer series – A fast, feature-packed network capable monochrome printer series with optional two-sided printing and Instant-on Technology. The series is ideal for document-intensive, small work team environments requiring high-quality printing with low maintenance.
• HP Color LaserJet CP4005 Printer series – Offering durable, high-performance colour printing with a fast first page out due to Instant-on Technology, easy sharing and low operating costs. Designed for HP ColorSphere Toner, which provides stunningly high quality prints.
Enhanced Solutions and Services to Meet Customer Needs
• HP is also extending its portfolio of security, document capture and output management solutions and services to meet growing demand from enterprise customers. In addition to developing solutions in-house, HP has forged strategic relationships with top solution providers to ensure that HP can address a wide variety of customer needs. Working with its partners, HP can help customers reduce operational costs while improving productivity, ensuring compliance with government regulations and increasing IT efficiency.
Also introduced by HP are two additions to HP Output Management Solutions portfolio:
• HP International Printing for HP Output Server accepts Unicode-based documents from SAP and other enterprise applications and transforms the information, intelligently sending output to multiple destinations.
• HP Output Management Web Console: Job Manager is a web-based tracking and management HP Output Server utility that provides single log-on authentication and access across single and multiple domains.
Additional highlights from today’s announcement include an update to HP’s industry-leading management software, Web Jetadmin, new document management and security services:
• HP Web JetAdmin 8.1 now includes Report Generation Plug-in 3.1 (RGP 3.1) enabling customers to conduct more scheduled reports than ever before and perform asset utilisation tracking that aids in understanding cost of ownership and planning for future purchases. HP’s Web Jetadmin is key to converting information across the network into true insight that allows enterprise customers to save costs and improve efficiency.
• The new Document Capture and Security Assessment and Document Capture and Security Delivery Services introduced today provide an analysis of business document processes and how they can be improved and secured. The result is increased employee productivity, better compliance with regulatory actions, improved security, and a single point of contact.
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services, business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended Oct. 31, 2006, HP revenue totaled $91.7 billion. More information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
About HP Middle East
HP is the largest technology and solutions provider in the Middle East with 670 employees and subsidiaries in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Jeddah, Khobar, Cairo, Ramallah and Oman servicing the GCC, Egypt and the Levant. HP has been present in the Middle East since 1968 and opened its first regional office in 1994. HP Middle East is the market leader for enterprise, small and medium business and consumer technology products and offers a large portfolio of solutions and services in various business domains. More information about HP in the Middle East is available at www.hp.com/me
© 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
© 2000 - 2022 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)