Lexmark International Middle East announced its 2009 inkjet all-in-one (AIO) printer range, representing five new printers ideal for home office and small- to medium-sized businesses.
“We’ve developed a product line with innovative solutions and functionality as unique as the small businesses we serve, taking our customers way beyond printing,” said Mr. Mohammad Addarrat,
General Manager, Lexmark Middle East. “From the real estate agent faced with making a difficult sale, to the construction company crunching every cent, we know that now more than ever, small businesses have limited resources, and these AIOs are business partners that help them save both time and money.”
The world’s first web-connected touch screen inkjets for small businesses
The new range includes one Web-connected touch screen AIO with Lexmark’s myTouch capacitive 4.3" touch screen technology. Lexmark’s myTouch with SmartSolutions technology is an innovative approach to user interfaces and includes easy-to-read graphical icons for basic functions and ‘as needed’ navigation for a more user-friendly experience.
Custom-created solutions made simple: SmartSolutions
With SmartSolutions, Lexmark is introducing its award-winning enterprise workflow solutions to SMB customers at more affordable price points to save them time, money and make them more efficient. SmartSolutions technology has also been built to leverage third-party developers that can create tailored applications. Examples of current widget-like, customised solutions include:
• Shortcuts and workflows – time-saving customisable productivity features such as group faxing, scan to e-mail templates and more.
• ID card copy – scan the ID card and print both sides of the ID on a single sheet of paper; ideal for small businesses such as doctor offices where this feature immediately cuts up to 50 per cent paper usage of this everyday task.
• RSS feeds – business, weather, sports news, a company intranet – or whatever else the user wants to access via RSS is available directly on the touch screen and can even be emailed directly from the printer.
The Web-connected touch screen is available on the new model Platinum.
Vizix, the new ink technology
The entire new line of products features the patented Vizix print technology that includes separate ink cartridges, fast speed and impressive quality across the entire 2009 AIO line. This enables customers to choose a printer based on their unique business needs without compromising speed or quality at any price point. With the new Vizix system, users replace only what ink needs replacing. Across the line customers can select high-yield black cartridges to extend the life of the ink.
New features take print further
While all products in the line share the same print speed, quality and wireless capability, there are a host of additional features that users can choose from, providing small business users with exactly the right mix to suit their needs. Features include:
Wireless – Lexmark is the first printer manufacturer to deliver wireless capability across the entire line of new AIOs. Additionally, this Lexmark line features all wireless products as well as a broad line of Wireless-N products (including Platinum and Prevail), offering longer range and more reliable signals for faster file transfer rates .
Eco Mode – The new Eco Mode allows users to save paper and energy with a touch of the button. Eco Mode automates two-sided printing, faxing and copying, saving businesses up to 50 percent of their paper usage and lowering overall costs.
Business card scan – Lexmark’s innovative business card scanning solution automatically uploads contact information to the most commonly used address book applications. This feature is ideal for business users looking to save time, eliminate clutter and organise their desks.
Lexmark’s complete 2009 product line features five new AIOs:
2009 Professional Series – 5-year, industry-leading guarantee
• Platinum – top-of-the-line wireless 4-in-1 with 4.3 inch Web-connected LCD touch screen equipped with SmartSolutions, dual paper trays, automatic document feeder, energy-saving Eco Mode button, integrated Business Card Scan solution
• Prevail – wireless 4-in-1 with advanced networking capability
• Prospect – wireless 4-in-1 with integrated business card scanner
2009 Home Office Series – 3-year guarantee
• Interpret – compact wireless 4-in-1 for office productivity
• Impact – compact wireless 3-in-1 for everyday tasks
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)