Oman’s Minister of Transport and Communication HE Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulla Al Harthy has taken over as chairman of Gulf Air board of directors.
Al Harthy, who was formerly the deputy chairman of the board, assumed the chairmanship on 1 January 2007 as part of an annual rotation between the two owning states, the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman.
“I congratulate HE Sheikh Mohammed for his appointment as board chairman and I thank him and other board members for the support and backing during my term as head of the board,” says Abdul Aziz Jassim Kanoo, who is now deputy chairman of the airline’s board.
Gulf Air’s board is represented by eight members split equally between Bahrain and Oman.
About Gulf Air
Founded in 1950, Gulf Air, owned by the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Sultanate of Oman, is the only truly Pan Gulf carrier in the Middle East region.
The regional, geographic and cultural values that the airline has embraced over more than half a century are still central to defining its brand and service ethos.
Today the airline’s network stretches from Europe to Asia and covers 50 cities in 30 countries. The fleet comprises 34 aircraft and has the distinct advantage of possessing the strongest network across the Middle East.
A platform for sustained commercial operation has been established over the past three years as part of a multi-phased turnaround programme. It has also provided a framework for a succession of innovative products and services including the unique Sky Chefs and Sky Nannies that form part of Gulf Air’s ’smart airline, successful business’ vision.
International recognition has been achieved as a result of the turnaround programme leading to numerous awards for the airline’s innovative and high quality products and services: These include:
• Best Onboard Catering in First and Business Class (Skytrax World Airline Catering Awards 2005)
• Best designed in-flight magazine (American Creativity Awards,2005)
• Middle East Leading First Class Airline (World Travel Awards 2005)
• World’s Leading Airport Lounge (World Travel Awards 2005)
• Middle East & North African Platinum Best Airline (MENA Travel Awards 2004
• Most Improved Airline (Skytrax Awards 2004)
• Middle East First Class Airline (Arabian Business Awards)
• Best new product launch for in-flight services (PAX international Readership Awards)
• Best First Class Onboard Food (Skytrax Food Category 2004)
• Best Business Class Check-in (Skytrax Check-in Category 2004)
• Middle East region’s best airport restaurant for its restaurant in Bahrain International Airport lounge (PAX International Readership Awards 2005)
Official Airline and Sponsor of the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2007
© 2000 - 2021 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)