Saudi Arabia’s Prince Abdulaziz Al Faisal made the perfect start this morning as he set out to become the first ever winner of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Middle East on home territory over the next two days.
Holding a huge 45-point lead in the 12-round one-make Porsche series, Prince Abdulaziz was fastest in official practice for this afternoon’s Round 9 at Reem International Circuit, outside Riyadh with a time of 1:17.062
He can clinch the Porsche GT3 Cup title with two second place finishes today and in tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon’s Round 10, with the final two rounds still to follow on Wednesday and Thursday next week.
Second fastest was fellow-Saudi driver Bandar Alesayi, who currently lies third in the championship and clocked 1:17.382, just ahead of Abu Dhabi’s Khaled Al Qubaisi who set a time of 1:17.429.
Lying second in the series, Prince Khalid Al Faisal (KSA) was fourth fastest in 1:17.467, with Bandar Alireza, 1:17.567, and Faisal Binladen, 1:17.769, completing the top six.
Round 9 Official practice results
1. Abdulaziz Al Faisal (KSA), Al Faisal Racing Team 1:17.062
2. Bandar Alesayi (KSA), 1:17.382
3. Khaled Al Qubaisi (UAE), Tolimit Racing 1:17.429
4. Khalid Al Faisal (KSA), Al Faisal Racing Team 1:17.467
5. Bandar Alireza (KSA), Reem Racing Team 1:17.567
6. Faisal Binladen (KSA), Reem Racing Team 1:17.769
7. Salman Bin Rashid Al Khalifa (BAH) 1:17.866
8. Fahad Algosaibi (KSA), Algosaibi Travel Racing 1:18.390
9. Raed Abuzenadah (KSA), Reem Racing Team 1:18.545
10. Jaap Vaandrager (NL) 1:20.619
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)