For the fourth consecutive year, du is captivating GITEX visitors with unique, interactive experiences that showcase its technology prowess and commitment to innovation. This year’s star attraction will include free demonstrations of du’s state of the art IPTV services and a simulated smart office environment, business conferencing and collaborations using Cisco WebEx. In addition to engaging with current and future customers, du will be taking advantage of the unique opportunities for B2B collaboration, partnership and dialogue that make GITEX the region’s premier ICT event. GITEX Technology Week is taking place from 18 – 22 October at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
“We are very pleased to take part in this year’s GITEX event and will be creating an interactive, surprise-filled zone overflowing with unique services, great prizes and attractive entertainment,” said Farid Faraidooni, EVP Commercial, du. “At du, we are always striving to raise the telecom bar in terms of flexibility, value and innovation, and GITEX gives us an ideal platform for engaging with customers and showing them what our brand is all about – friendliness, affordability, and the latest technological advancements packaged into smart communication offerings that improve daily life.”
du’s special GITEX attractions
· Looking into the beyond, the du stand will provide visitors a unique opportunity to experience firsthand du TV and du TV+ powered by IPTV technology in a replicated living room environment.
· Catering to the diverse needs and requirement of businesses in the UAE –du brings innovative demonstrations including smart office environement, business conferencing and collaboration using Cisco WebEx, industry vertical applications and first of its kind cloud computing.
· Ask Us Anything!’ desk is the place within du stand where visitors will be invited to write down questions – any questions – and enjoy a free smoothie while they wait for personalized answers to be sent by SMS
· ‘Random Acts of Kindness’ is an area where visitors will be presented with a first of its kind technology called “the magic symbol”. It is a technology that turns a simple drawing on a card into an amazing 3D image. Through this image, stand visitors will get to know the type of gift they can claim. Prizes will include BlackBerry® handsets and other exciting giveaways.
· ‘Street-magic’ style performances by Marco Tempest, a renowned international magician appearing for the first time in the Middle East, who creates spectacular illusions using technology as his inspiration
· Mini-stations where customers can get insights of du’s latest offers, products, services and strategic alliances. du will be making a number of key announcements during GITEX, putting the latest and greatest mobile technology and style into the hands of UAE consumers.
· Through the du stand, visitors will also get to know more about the role that du plays as an active corporate social responsible company and the various CSR projects that du generously supported recently. Being a socially responsible company, du not only takes pride in giving back to the community, but it also takes pride at its own manpower that it invests in an maintain no matter what the economic climate was.
In addition to delighting visitors, du will be actively developing and enhancing business relationships with leading vendors and B2B clients during this year’s GITEX event.
“We look forward to exploring future B2B opportunities with local and international firms that share our vision of providing customers with user-friendly offerings seamlessly integrated with technological advancements,” noted Faraidooni. “GITEX brings incredible global talent and the latest communications technologies under one roof – it’s an inspirational and exciting forum where du can connect in a dynamic way with both individual and enterprise customers, as well as leading vendors from around the world.”
du’s recent initiatives
du’s recent initiatives include “Business Super Plan” offering – call anywhere, anytime at AED 1 per minute for Business mobiles. In addition to the new blackberry offer for businesses – Installments on the latest blackberry smart phone giving up to 100 per cent of the value back. Other initiatives include the ‘Off-Peak IDD’ promotion, offering du customer’s rates as low as 1.67 fils per second when they make international calls to several popular destinations on Fridays, nights and afternoons. du is also continuing its WoW recharge offer, giving Pay as you Go® customers up to a 60% bonus on ‘more international’ recharges and up to a 30% bonus on ‘more credit’ recharges. This promotion also provides customers with 30 days’ validity on every ‘more credit’ and ‘more international’ recharge and a 5% bonus on ‘more time’ recharges with unlimited validity. In addition, du is currently promoting its exciting ‘SMS Gold Challenge’ trivia contest which gives mobile users the chance to win up to nine kilograms of gold. Many instant, daily and weekly winners have already taken home glittering prizes in this exciting, interactive contest. For further information, visit www.du.ae.
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)