Casino du Liban drew yesterday international attention by hosting an exclusive event, highlighting the richness and creativity of Arabs around the world: The TAKREEM Awards ceremony honoring ten personalities for their outstanding contributions to society in various fields.
35 nominees, selected from hundreds of candidatures, have eagerly awaited the final decision of a distinguished international jury comprising of His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan Bin Talal of Jordan, His Excellency Dr. Boutros Boutros-Ghali, His Excellency Dr. Marwan Muasher and Mr. Carlos Ghosn.
The announcement of the results was a particularly poignant moment for the winners of each of the 9 categories:
- Arc en Ciel, Takreem Philanthropy and Charitable Services to the Community Award
- Mrs. Nahida Nakad, Takreem Arab Woman of the Year Award
- CAABU, Takreem Exceptional International Contribution to Arab Society Award
- Dr. Jack Shaheen and Mrs. Salma Khadra Jayussi, Takreem Cultural Achievement Award (2 winners)
- Dr. Saouma Bou Jaoude, Takreem for Excellence in the field of Education Award
- Ms. Rana Shanawani, Takreem Young Entrepreneur Award
- Enviromena, Takreem Sustainable Development of the Environment Award
- Prof. Abdel Magid Hamouda, Takreem Scientific and Technological Achievement Award
- Mr. Sobhi Batterjee, Takreem Outstanding Corporate Leader Award
- The Takreem Advancement of Peace Award has not been awarded in this first edition, due to political sensitivities caused by regional turmoil.
The TAKREEM initiative’s noble objectives attracted top international players which strongly endorsed the project such as: Consolidated Contractors Company, Wamar International, Marius Saradar Holding Group, Renault Nissan Alliance, Al Salam International, Al Sumaria and Qatar Science and Technology Park.
The ceremony, presented by Al Jazeera Iraqi Television Star Laila Al-Shaikhli, was followed by a gala dinner. The latter was attended by a select audience of over 500 guests from around the world.
Conceived by renowned media figure Mr. Ricardo Karam, this initiative mainly aimed at strengthening the collective Arab consciousness and pride while inspiring younger generations to pursue their aspirations and achievements.
© 2000 - 2019 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)