English boxing promoter Frank Warren confirmed on Tuesday that he will never promote former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson again in London.
Warren took the decision after reflecting on the American's controversial 38-second victory over Lou Savarese in Glasgow on Saturday night and subsequent distasteful comments about Lennox Lewis which he described as a 'nightmare'.
"I don't think I will ever promote Mike Tyson again," he told Sky Sports.com.
"There are a number of reasons why, but I don't think I will do it," he added.
The British Boxing Board of Control are due to meet this week to decide what action it will take against Tyson for his post-bout outburst, when he threatened to rip out Lennox Lewis' heart and eat his children.
But Warren said: "I don't think we're going to get Mike Tyson coming back to this country for a disciplinary hearing.
"But that is something I am sure they will look at, they are a very responsible and respected governing body, and I am sure they will make the right decision."
Warren had already fuelled rumors of a bust-up with the ever-controversial Tyson by failing to appear at any of the press conferences in the lead-up to the fight - (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)