Dubai's salary forecast for 2012
One of the foremost questions on the minds of everyone working in Dubai is: What is the percentage increase of salary in the new year going to be?
Last year salaries increased by an average of 5.5 percent across all industries in the country, a marginal but healthy 1.1 percent more than 2010. According to Towers Watson research, one of the finest global market intelligence services, salaries in the country are expected to rise by a further 5.7 percent in 2012.
Interestingly in 2011 Saudi Arabia topped the GCC with the highest average salary increase of 6.2 percent, followed by Qatar (5.8 percent), Kuwait and the UAE (5.5 percent), Oman (5.3 percent), and Bahrain (5 percent).
The projected increase in UAE salary is also expected to be higher than the average global base salary increase across all jobs and locations, which is projected to rise from 3.26% in 2011 to 3.39% in 2012. One reason more to cheer Dubai, this year.
- An extension of apartheid or another dark side all together? Israel has highest OECD poverty rates
- Why empowering women is good for business
- Does Iran really need the Geneva deal to save its economy? Maybe something else is needed....
- Iraq's other war: the gruesome fight against corruption and bureaucracy
- Is the GCC-US business driven "marriage of convenience" about to be over?