Arab Bank Group to finance Muscat International Airport project
Arab Bank Group has provided credit facilities totaling $ 410 Million to three contractors to facilitate the execution for the Development of Phase Three of Muscat International Airport in the Sultanate of Oman.
Oman Arab Bank, Europe Arab Bank and Arab Bank plc in Bahrain have collectively provided the facilities which have been awarded to a consortium of three international contracting companies working on the project. The credit facilities provided include advance payment guarantees, performance guarantees, letters of credit as well as overdraft facilities.
It is worth mentioning that the Muscat International Airport is one of the largest infrastructure projects in the Sultanate of Oman with the total cost of the project approximately $ 1.8 billion. The airport will have a capacity of 20 million passengers and the project will be implemented during a period of 38 months.
- Time for some serious contemplation: Middle East firms face $91bn refinancing needs
- What's really holding Islamic Banking back?
- The rise of the Chinese renminbi: an unmatched opportunity for Qatar?
- Why, despite their emerging status upgrade, the UAE and Qatar still count as frontier markets
- How Egypt plans to deal with $20 billion worth of arbitration cases brought by foreign investors against it