Noor Islamic Bank Jointly Closes USD 240 Million Murabaha Syndication for Turkey’s Albaraka
Albaraka, the pioneer of the Turkish participation banking, obtained Murabaha syndication facility of 240 million US dollars in total. The Murabaha syndication facility has been realized with the participation of 22 banks and financial institutions from 14 countries, led by Noor Islamic Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and ABC Islamic Bank. The maturity of the facility is determined as one year.
The agreement on the availability of the credit reaching a volume of $98 million and 108,5 million Euros was signed in a ceremony attended by the directors of the leading and participating banks of the consortium.
Fahrettin Yahşi, General Director of Albaraka, stated that they had used the syndication finance market for the first time and added: "As known, the resource structure of our bank is currently based on fund collection. Now, with the Murabaha syndication finance, Albaraka offers to Turkish entrepreneurs a credit facility with favourable conditions and prices. This new period enables our bank to work with a new customer base and different sectors".
Speaking on the occasion of the signing ceremony in Turkey, Hussain AlQemzi, Group CEO, Noor Investment Group and Noor Islamic Bank said: "It gives us great pleasure to have successfully completed this joint dual currency Islamic Finance Syndicated Facility for Albaraka. The fact that the Facility has been realized by 22 banks and financial institutions, from 14 countries, reflects the quality of the transaction, and is testament to the confidence that the global financial community has in the Turkish economy and financial system."
- Need some space? UAE's banking sector is getting too crowded
- Bank funding in the Middle East doesn't boil down to liquidity alone
- Why is the Israeli shekel so weak?
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- Record Islamic finance deal agreed in Turkey
- ABC Islamic Bank in US$100 million general syndication for Kuwait’s “Munshaat”
- US$1.2 billion Murabaha facility successfully syndicated and oversubscribed
- Bank Sarasin-Alpen arranges US$120 million Murabaha financing facility for Noor Islamic Bank
- Turkcell secures $100 million from Islamic finance syndicate