121 ongoing reconstruction projects in Iraq
According to <i>Al-Zzaman</i> newspaper, Mehdi Al Hafedh, the Iraqi Minister of the Ministry of Planning and Development Cooperation, estimates at 121 the ongoing projects based on the Iraq Rebuilding Strategy Authority. The total costs of these projects amount to $1.8 billion, according to the minister.
He classified these projects as follows: 20 electricity projects, 24 public work projects, 11 education projects, 9 development projects in Baghdad, 8 development cooperation projects, 8 environmental projects, 6 health projects, 6 agriculture projects, 5 water projects, 4 housing projects, 3 higher education projects, 3 labor and social projects, 3 industrial projects, 10 transport projects and others.
- Iraq: US$70 billion for development projects
- Moroccan government launches 49 projects in 2002
- Grand expectations: aiming to become the world's fastest growing economy, Iraq commits to $145 billion worth of oil projects
- Educational projects in Basra Province
- Ninve Province: Reconstruction costs estimated