Yemen plans Aden port upgrade plan
Yemen planes a multi-million dollar upgrade of transport infrastructure
The Transport Minister announced Tuesday the allocation of $500 million to upgrade Aden sea port, marinas and the national navigation company.
Aden port was run by Dubai and Aden Ports Corporation (DAPDC) under the management of DP World until September 20, when DP World divested its entire interest in DAPDC to Yemen Gulf of Aden Ports Corporation (YGAPC) based on an amicable agreement.
During launching the Turkish airline's first non-stop flights from Aden to Istanbul, Wa'ed Bathib also said the Ministry would reform several issues concerning the Aden airport's activities and other facilities.
He said that launching the flights enhanced the economic partnership between Yemen and Turkey.
The Turkish company offers three flights every week and will add one flight by the end of October.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge