Yemen plans Aden port upgrade plan
The Transport Minister announced Tuesday the allocation of $500 million to upgrade Aden sea port, marinas and the national navigation company.
Aden port was run by Dubai and Aden Ports Corporation (DAPDC) under the management of DP World until September 20, when DP World divested its entire interest in DAPDC to Yemen Gulf of Aden Ports Corporation (YGAPC) based on an amicable agreement.
During launching the Turkish airline's first non-stop flights from Aden to Istanbul, Wa'ed Bathib also said the Ministry would reform several issues concerning the Aden airport's activities and other facilities.
He said that launching the flights enhanced the economic partnership between Yemen and Turkey.
The Turkish company offers three flights every week and will add one flight by the end of October.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts