Yemen plans Aden port upgrade plan
The Transport Minister announced Tuesday the allocation of $500 million to upgrade Aden sea port, marinas and the national navigation company.
Aden port was run by Dubai and Aden Ports Corporation (DAPDC) under the management of DP World until September 20, when DP World divested its entire interest in DAPDC to Yemen Gulf of Aden Ports Corporation (YGAPC) based on an amicable agreement.
During launching the Turkish airline's first non-stop flights from Aden to Istanbul, Wa'ed Bathib also said the Ministry would reform several issues concerning the Aden airport's activities and other facilities.
He said that launching the flights enhanced the economic partnership between Yemen and Turkey.
The Turkish company offers three flights every week and will add one flight by the end of October.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue