African Development Bank grants Tunisia $192 million loan
The African Development Bank (ADB) recently awarded a $192 million loan to Tunisia, to finance the second phase of a private enterprise support program, reported Al-Hayat. Two years ago, ADB awarded a $128 million loan to finance the first phase of the same plan.
The Tunisian government seeks to boost the competitiveness of the local business sector, in a bid to reach a five percent economic growth rate by 2004.
ADB also awarded Tunisia another $153 million loan to finance the third phase of a road re-paving project. The scheme aims to expand and repair 475 kilometers of road throughout the country. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- African Development Bank awards $129 million loan to Tunisian road project
- ADB grants €80 million housing loan to Tunisia’s Banque d'Habitat
- Bid to support handball in Tunisia
- African Development Bank awards Tunisia’s Amen Bank $18 million in credit
- African Development Bank Offers 40 million euro Loan to Tunisian Kuwaiti Bank