Algerian hostage gas site to restart production
Algeria's Tiguentourine gas plant is set to resume production by February 24th, APS reported on Monday (February 18th).
According to Sonatrach chief Abdelhamid Zerguine, the In Amenas facility will start up again at one-third capacity.
The Sonatrach-BP-Statoil site had been closed since January 20th, when Algerian forces freed hundreds of hostages held by fighters loyal to al-Qaeda emir Mokhtar Belmokhtar. The four-day siege left 38 people dead.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts