Algerian hostage gas site to restart production
Algeria's Tiguentourine gas plant is set to resume production by February 24th, APS reported on Monday (February 18th).
According to Sonatrach chief Abdelhamid Zerguine, the In Amenas facility will start up again at one-third capacity.
The Sonatrach-BP-Statoil site had been closed since January 20th, when Algerian forces freed hundreds of hostages held by fighters loyal to al-Qaeda emir Mokhtar Belmokhtar. The four-day siege left 38 people dead.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal