Algerian hostage gas site to restart production
Algeria's Tiguentourine gas plant is set to resume production by February 24th, APS reported on Monday (February 18th).
According to Sonatrach chief Abdelhamid Zerguine, the In Amenas facility will start up again at one-third capacity.
The Sonatrach-BP-Statoil site had been closed since January 20th, when Algerian forces freed hundreds of hostages held by fighters loyal to al-Qaeda emir Mokhtar Belmokhtar. The four-day siege left 38 people dead.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis