Algeria hosts Mediterranean Forum of Agriculture and Rural Development
Organized by El-Fayet group under patronage of Said Barkat, the Algerian Minister of Agriculture, the Mediterranean Forum of Agriculture and Rural development started on Wednesday, May 4 and is scheduled to continue until May 6. The Forum, which aims at promoting the agricultural and rural development nationwide, is expected to host more than 300 participants coming from all around the world.
<i>Liberte Algerie</i> reports that although the event's focus is on agricultural and rural development its program will also include a number of scientific conferences on animal genetics and animal nutrition.
In his speech at the opening of the Forum, Barkat emphasized the importance of know-how in the development of agriculture and related this to the expected positive effects of Algeria's joining to the World Trade Organization.
- Algeria needs US$3 biilion per year to implement National Plan for Agricultural and Rural Development
- Morocco and Algeria to boost agriculture cooperation
- Desertification risk in Algeria threatens agricultural sector
- Algeria allows import of fresh red meat to prevent price '\'explosion'\' ahead of Ramadan
- Germany extends €8.4 million to Morocco for irrigation scheme