Alsunut announces US$20 million contract for Construction of new roads and associated services in Almogran Sudan
Alsunut Development Company, Sudan’s leading real estate development company, announced the commencement of the $20 Million roads project for their $150 US Million infrastructure works for Phase One of the development, and residential community in the centre of Khartoum, Sudan. The ‘Almogran’ master planned development is set to be a hub for activity in East Africa’s modern business market and a catalyst for further enterprises in this oil rich, dynamic region of Africa. The project was inaugurated in late December 2006 and is set to be delivered December 2007.
The project was tendered to construct a network of roads that consist of approximately 7 km of carriageway including traffic signals, road markings, duct banks, street furniture, 6 km of sewer collection systems, 7 km of water distribution systems, 11.5 km of surface water drainage networks, 11 km of irrigation networks and over 36 km of ducting for electrical power network.
Located where the Blue Nile meets with the White Nile, Almogran, has two phases being developed in parallel, the first is a 160 acre, state-of-the-art, Central Business District and the second is a 1,420 acre, residential and leisure estate featuring an 18 hole golf course. Construction on stage one has already commenced and is estimated to be complete within 4 years.
Almogran Central Business Development, Phase 1:
• 160 acres
• 44 commercial plots
• 15 hotel/Serviced Apartments plots – 4 confirmed hotels
• 1,477 apartments
• 50,608 employees
• 7,385 residents
• Support facilities, including retail space opportunities for all plots
• 18 acres of parks & open space, including 3 parks, a riverfront promenade and plaza
• Opportunities exist for commercially developed leisure facilities such as cinemas, edutainment centres, fitness clubs, etc.
• 19,068 car parking spaces
• Public transport circulator service and park & ride operation
• Distribution/collection systems for all major services (power, water, telecoms, sewers, irrigation, fire mains, storm drainage), and development of generation/treatment plants (power plant, water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant).
Hani H El. Khidir, managing director of Alsunut Development Company Ltd, says: “Alsunut Development is honoured to be one of the first major real estate investors in the emerging strong Sudanese economy. It’s a very exciting time for the country, which is about to experience prosperity, as yet unknown to the region.
“Our goal is to incorporate the highest international standards to create a community which is truly fit to be the East African hub for global business".
- GERMAN NEWCOMER EYES DHS460 MILLION GAINS FROM MIDDLE EAST AIRPORT BOOM
- Sudan: Alsunut launches ‘Almogran’ real estate development
- us$11.48 billion worth of potential projects identified at the malaysia services exhibition 2008
- DAMAC Properties awards DAMAC ESCLUSIVA main contract to Saudi BINLADIN group
- ADPC awards AED 1.028 billion building works contract to ED Zublin and Al Jaber Transport and General Contracting