Amerada Hess to acquire LASMO plc
Amerada Hess Corp. has reached agreement with LASMO plc (LSE: LSMR) on the terms of a cash and share offer, unanimously recommended by LASMO's Board, for the entire issued share capital of LASMO plc at an aggregate purchase price of approximately $3.5 billion.
Amerada Hess will issue approximately 17.1 million shares of its Common Stock and pay approximately $2.4 billion in cash to consummate the transaction.
The transaction also includes the assumption of $1.6 billion of LASMO's gross debt.
The transaction is subject to acceptance of the offer by not less than 90 percent of LASMO's shares and other customary conditions.
The cash consideration under the offer will be financed from existing cash resources and a bank facility arranged with Goldman Sachs International.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Amerada Hess to buy Lasmo for $3.5 billion
- RECOMMENDED CASH OFFER BY LAZARD AND J.P. MORGAN ON BEHALF OF AGIP INVESTMENTS FOR LASMO
- Ramco completes sale of interest in several Caspian fields
- Rasmala Buyout Fund LP to Acquire Aramex International Limited in Cash Tender Offer
- Industry Awaits US Government’s Response To Hess’s Purchase Of Lasmo