Bahrain: BD2 billion invested in real estate market
A total of BD2 billion was invested in Bahrain's real estate market during 2004 but the 3 per cent registration fee was paid in respect of only BD36 million of property Jameel Al Matrook told the Shura Council Monday, the Bahrain Tribune has reported.
“The sector is very important in the national economy as in 2004, 91 per cent of individuals dealing with real estates were Bahrainis, while only nine per cent were foreign investors,” Head of the Survey and Land Registration Bureau Shaikh Salman bin Abdullah Al Khalifa said.
- Homemakers to homebuyers: women are big spenders in Dubai property market
- Total exports of Bahrain in 2004 stood at BD2.83bn, an increase of 13.4% over 2003
- Bahrain: Construction and real estate sector boosts loans
- Head of Real Estate Investment for Al Salam
- Bahrain: Oil contribution to total exports amounts to over 73%