Bahrain: Gulf Air handed bail out to keep flying
Bahrain’s ruler King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa has issued a decree allocating BD185 million ($490.9 million) funding to support the ailing national airline Gulf Air, the local Gulf Daily News reported.
“The decision to provide funding for the national carrier recognises its position as a key component of Bahrain’s economy and infrastructure, providing direct and indirect employment to over tens of thousands of people,” chief executive Samer Majali was quoted by the daily as saying.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents