Bahrain: Gulf Air handed bail out to keep flying
Bahrain’s ruler King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa has issued a decree allocating BD185 million ($490.9 million) funding to support the ailing national airline Gulf Air, the local Gulf Daily News reported.
“The decision to provide funding for the national carrier recognises its position as a key component of Bahrain’s economy and infrastructure, providing direct and indirect employment to over tens of thousands of people,” chief executive Samer Majali was quoted by the daily as saying.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts