Bahrain: Gulf Air handed bail out to keep flying
Bahrain’s ruler King Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa has issued a decree allocating BD185 million ($490.9 million) funding to support the ailing national airline Gulf Air, the local Gulf Daily News reported.
“The decision to provide funding for the national carrier recognises its position as a key component of Bahrain’s economy and infrastructure, providing direct and indirect employment to over tens of thousands of people,” chief executive Samer Majali was quoted by the daily as saying.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment