Interest rates up in Bahrain
The average rate of interest on trade loans offered by Bahrain banks has risen to 5.24 per cent at the end of third quarter of this year, compared to 4.79 per cent in the same period last year, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Average rate of interest on construction and development sector increased from 4.99 per cent to 5.24 per cent during the review period, said the report citing the Central Bank of Bahrain data. The industrial sector in Bahrain saw its rate of interest fall from 4.58 per cent to 3.73 per cent.
- What doesn't kill you, makes your stronger: why the Arab Bank is likely to emerge from the Israeli lawsuit 'unscathed with flying colors'
- Too foreign? An inside look into the struggles of foreign banks in Saudi Arabia
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- From tweets to public outrage: understanding Turkey's bitterness towards credit rating agencies
- A much-expected symptom? Arab banks to feel the pinch of the region's political turmoil