Interest rates up in Bahrain
The average rate of interest on trade loans offered by Bahrain banks has risen to 5.24 per cent at the end of third quarter of this year, compared to 4.79 per cent in the same period last year, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Average rate of interest on construction and development sector increased from 4.99 per cent to 5.24 per cent during the review period, said the report citing the Central Bank of Bahrain data. The industrial sector in Bahrain saw its rate of interest fall from 4.58 per cent to 3.73 per cent.
- As American decade of easy money ends, Gulf currencies brace themselves for a 'nervous breakdown'
- More money to be taken care of: private wealth growth in the GCC exposes need for prudence
- With $100 billion in foreign reserves: is Libya's central bank monopolizing the country's economic potential?
- After 23 years in office,why was the UAE's central bank governor replaced?
- Why Turkey's 'tense' relations with rating agencies is damaging