Bahrain: Real estate exchanges up by 46%
According to Al-Bayan newspaper (July 14, 2005), Bahrain Real Estate Registry Department reported that the local real estate exchanges volume grew impressively by 46% in the first half of the current year compared with the corresponding period of last year.
The value of the traded real estate assets increased from BD 185,770,999 to BD 271,286,217, an increase of BD 85,515,218. The Bahraini nationals controlled 92% of these real estate exchanges while the Gulf and foreign investors controlled the remaining 8%. The Saudis were the major Gulf investors in the Bahraini real estate sector with BD 10,950,693 in the first half of 2005 followed by the Kuwaitis with BD 4,013,527.