Bahrain's sukuk securities oversubscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain has announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al Salam Islamic securities for the BD18 million ($47.2 million) issue has been oversubscribed by 248 per cent.
The issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days, begins tomorrow and matures on December 26. The expected return on the issue is 1.2 per cent.
- You don't need to be Muslim to practice? Why Goldman Sachs' sukuk sales worked so swell this around
- Erdogan's ready to smear the banks: is Turkey about to face a financial crisis worse than that of 2001?
- An economic slowdown? The pros and cons of Israel's weakening shekel
- A spectacle of $8 trillion and more: what's the MENA Investment Conference in London all about?
- An odd dynamic? Saudi using desert to emulate Chinese model and attract Chinese investors