Bahrain's sukuk securities oversubscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain has announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al Salam Islamic securities for the BD18 million ($47.2 million) issue has been oversubscribed by 248 per cent.
The issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days, begins tomorrow and matures on December 26. The expected return on the issue is 1.2 per cent.
- Deflation shocks in emerging markets and the GCC currency peg
- Crashing oil: has the time come for GCC countries to tax their citizens?
- Moody indeed: how did Moody's rate the ME's banks for 2015?
- The Middle East's Switzerland? Lebanon's banking secrecy is here to stay
- Precious retirement: why UAE expats are moving their pensions out of the UK