Bahrainis to be allowed to purchase government homes
Families in Bahrain could be allowed to purchase their government homes, under a proposal from parliament. According to GDN, tenants are currently deemed to own the house once they have finished paying instalments over up to 25 years.
But they do not own the land and the property is considered as a gift from Bahrain's King Hamad, so the families cannot sell it.
- 170 new government houses to be constructed in Bahraini villages
- Marina West signs deal with Bahrain Islamic Bank to offer more options for home buyers
- Bahrain: Landowners do not wish to sell for government
- ADCB Islamic Banking signs agreement with Sharjah Holding for special home finance offer
- Expats to be allowed 99-yr freehold at new Abu Dhabi residential development