Baniyas Awards AED 88 Million Contract to Cloisall for Mall Fit Out
Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BID) – the investment arm of the Bani Yas Sports Club – recently awarded the AED 88 million Interior Design fitting contract of its Bawabat Al Sharq Mall to Cloisall Co. L.L.C, one of the most prominent names in interior fittings, in the United Arab Emirates.
With construction works well under way, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall will become operational on December 2, 2010 after a soft opening, while the grand opening is scheduled for the first Quarter of 2011.
Work on the interior design fit-out and finishing of the mall has already commenced. The scope of the contract includes general requirements from metallic and electrical finishing to wood works, doors, windows, furnishing as well as mechanical-sanitary fixtures and extends to both the Food Court Area and Souk Al Megnas -- the traditional souk which spreads across 4,500 square meters within the mall.
On the subject, Wael Tawil, CEO of Baniyas Investment and Development Company, said, “Awarding the interior design fit-out contract of Bawabat Al Sharq Mall to Cloisall is part of our commitment to working with the best companies in every specific field. With Cloisall on board, we will guarantee a first class finishing of our Bawabat Al Sharq Mall, thereby creating an ideal and lavish shopping environment for residents of the projects as well as visitors from all of Abu Dhabi. We are happy to announce that construction of the Mall is progressing as per schedule, without any compromises on the quality and value we have set out to deliver.”
Mr. Ghaleb Farha, Chairman, Cloisall Co. L.L.C., said, “We have been associated with the most prestigious companies and worked on large scale projects in the region; we are confident that once complete, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall will be a landmark shopping destination in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We are proud to partner with Baniyas Investment and Development Company on this project which will certainly be a major value-addition to our diversified portfolio.”
Cloisall Co. is known for some of the most recognized projects in the country, including Dubai Airport Expansion – Terminal 3 and its surrounding buildings, Jebel Ali Airport and Duty Free, Emirates Airlines Headquarters, Dubai Mall, Emirates University in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi Financial Centre and Dalma Mall.
Encompassing over 339 shops and close to 70,000 square meters of gross leasable area, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall covers two floors of prime retail and leisure space. In addition to the high profile retail outlets of fashion wear, electronics, neighborhood services, accessory and jewellery outlets, the mall will also host Carrefour hypermarket, WANASA family entertainment and Grand Cinemas. Offering 2,245 parking spaces as well as 22 food outlets inclusive of restaurants and cafes, Bawabat Al Sharq Mall is expected to be the new downtown shopping hub in Baniyas City.
- Another red flag: a massive housing shortage potentially awaits the GCC
- Changing the landscape: why exactly are Arab investors buying property in London?
- The forgotten rich: how and why Jordanians are spending billions in property markets abroad
- From palaces to engine-making: Morocco's stability is attracting billions in foreign investments
- The IS' new money-making scheme: auctioning off stolen houses
- Bawabat Al Sharq Mall on track With 85% Completion
- Baniyas Investment and Development awards contract to Saunders Global Interior Design
- Baniyas Investment and Development signs up Wanasa, Grand Cinema for Community Mall in Baniyas
- Baniyas Investment and Development signs up Carrefour at Bawabat Al Sharq Mall
- Abu Dhabi: Phase I of Bawabat Al Sharq moves full steam ahead