Fancy some swag? Ben Ali's assets up for sale
Assets confiscated from Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and his family will be displayed in Gammarth beginning December 14th, TAP reported on Tuesday (December 4th).
Deputy Finance Minister Slim Besbes said that thousands of items seized from the ousted president and his Trabelsi in-laws, such as jewellery, paintings, carpets, yachts and luxury cars - including a customised Aston Martin - would be sold off at the "Cleopatra" expo site to help Tunisia's financial recovery.
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- Suspended tax transfers pushed Palestinian economy to the brink
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax