Fancy some swag? Ben Ali's assets up for sale
Assets confiscated from Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and his family will be displayed in Gammarth beginning December 14th, TAP reported on Tuesday (December 4th).
Deputy Finance Minister Slim Besbes said that thousands of items seized from the ousted president and his Trabelsi in-laws, such as jewellery, paintings, carpets, yachts and luxury cars - including a customised Aston Martin - would be sold off at the "Cleopatra" expo site to help Tunisia's financial recovery.
- OPEC exports largest share of petroleum to Asian and Pacific countries in 2013
- High demand for gold spurs trade across GCC
- Is trust the only missing ingredient from Egypt's economic reform recipe?
- Explain this, Mr. Erdogan: Israel-Turkey trade ties booming amidst Gaza crisis
- Kuwait: the GCC's underachiever?