BMA grants scholarships to Bahraini students
The Bahrain Monetary Agency (BMA) has granted five scholarships to Bahraini students enrolled in financial studies at the University of Bahrain.
In addition, three other students have been selected for an internship programme providing on-job training at the BMA and various Bahrain banks.
This is the third batch of students to be granted educational scholarships and on-job training internships under a major initiative, launched by the BMA in 2002, to ensure the availability of qualified Bahrainis for the Kingdom’s growing banking and finance industry.
The selected youngsters were received Sundday by Dr. Abdul Rahman Saif, Executive Director, Corporate Services, and Mrs. Aisha Abdulla Nuruddin, Director, Human Resources & Administration, at the BMA.
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bahrain’s financial services industry posts 3% growth in employment in 2003
- MTC-Vodafone signs Bahraini company to start recruiting for new mobile telecom company
- Bahraini women make up 70% of university students, but only 20% of employees
- Abu Dhabi students are offered 150 Museum Studies Scholarships
- First campus completed for Bahrain’s Kingdom University