Bomb attacks "clearly an attempt to target economy", claims lawmaker
The series of attacks Bahrain has been witnessing in the past three days is clearly an attempt to target economy, said a lawmaker.
The bombs were planted on areas with high expat population. By creating a fear element those behind the attempts were trying to axe the economy, said Shura Council Member Dr Shaikh Khalid bin Al Khalifa.
"It is unfortunate that the youths who are playing pawn is not realising that they are killing their own prosperity," said Dr Al Khalifa.
"No investors will come to Bahrain neither would there be businesses. The ultimate losers are Bahrainis and those behind these gangs have only one agenda to destroy the country," said Dr Al Khalifa.
"The violence and killing is only putting them in shame and the country on the road to disaster. It is unfortunate that innocent Bahrainis have to pay a huge price or the thoughtless acts of a few," said MP Nuwar Ali Abdulrahman supporting Dr. Khalid's argunents.
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain
- Cleansing time: GCC agrees to remove "impurities" to improve relations between nations
- DP World’s profits soared by 41 percent in H1. What’s their secret?