Bomb attacks "clearly an attempt to target economy", claims lawmaker
The series of attacks Bahrain has been witnessing in the past three days is clearly an attempt to target economy, said a lawmaker.
The bombs were planted on areas with high expat population. By creating a fear element those behind the attempts were trying to axe the economy, said Shura Council Member Dr Shaikh Khalid bin Al Khalifa.
"It is unfortunate that the youths who are playing pawn is not realising that they are killing their own prosperity," said Dr Al Khalifa.
"No investors will come to Bahrain neither would there be businesses. The ultimate losers are Bahrainis and those behind these gangs have only one agenda to destroy the country," said Dr Al Khalifa.
"The violence and killing is only putting them in shame and the country on the road to disaster. It is unfortunate that innocent Bahrainis have to pay a huge price or the thoughtless acts of a few," said MP Nuwar Ali Abdulrahman supporting Dr. Khalid's argunents.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship