British Pilkington Company plans joint venture in Syria
The British Pilkington Glass Manufacturing Company, reported Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper, has recently submitted a proposal to the Syrian government for the establishment of a British-Syrian joint float-glass manufacturing joint venture.
The Pilkington Company plans to convert this project into the biggest float-glass manufacturing factory in the Middle East in cooperation with the Syrian Glass Industries and the Clay Public Company.
The two parties are currently conducting talks to set up this project between the Syrian cities of Homs and Palmyra, since this region endows large sand resources necessary for the glass production process.
The British partner estimates at SP 130 million the required investments for this project. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
- Pilkington makes second bid for stake acquisition in Egypt’s Flat Glass Company
- Egyptian Flat Glass Company profits rise 50 percent in 1Q
- Emirates Float Glass commences production
- AED 575 million contract signed for Emirates Float Glass’s second manufacturing facility
- NBE re-offers controlling interest in Egypt’s Flat Glass company