Campaign to save energy launched in Syria
The Syrian Ministry of Electricity has launched a media campaign for rationing energy under the title "Together Towards Rationing Energy". The campaign aims at raising social awareness on the importance of energy and at upgrading its efficiency, in addition to rationing its use as a national treasure.
The program includes TV symposia, posters and other varied media materials.
Reports indicate that the demand for electric power in Syria has been increasing by 10% annually. This requires the creation of new generating stations whci will be able to produce more than 800 MW per year.
Experts predict that the Syrian electricity sector needs during the next five years an investment of some 3.5 billion euros (218.3 billion Syrian pounds) for generation alone, especially since the number of electric power subscribers is expected to rise by about 5 million. (Source: www.yallafinance.com)
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment