Come home to vote ! - says Jazeera Airways to KKuwaiti women
Kuwait Carrier Jazeera Airways announced today that it is making it possible for every Kuwaiti woman to vote in the upcoming parliamentary elections through offering FREE flights to Kuwait. The flights will leave on the eve of the June 29 parliamentary elections -the first elections since Kuwaiti women acquired their political rights.
Jazeera Airways Chairman and CEO Marwan Boodai said “our initiative is to ensure that all Kuwaiti women who are eligible to vote, exercise their democratic right in line with the new legislation. We want to ensure that as many women as possible have the available access to return to Kuwait to vote in these historic elections as part of Jazeera Airways’ national social responsibility program."
The parliament passed the government-proposed bill in May of last year, and subsequently changed Kuwait’s political history for ever.
“As a national airline in Kuwait, we believe it’s our role to encourage women to come home to vote. Who they vote for is entirely up to them, we just want to make sure that they are given every opportunity, to return home, without cost or expense to exercise their democratic right to vote," said Boodai.
“We are also extending the invitation to women of every nationality to fly Jazeera Airways to Kuwait and observe the historic elections”, concluded the airline’s Chairman and CEO.
- Jazeera Airways sizing up a stake in national airline
- Thought Al-Jazeera airways was one of those 'cheap' airlines? Well, think again, because it's building its own terminal
- Jazeera Airways announces Q1 operational results
- Jazeera Airways grows Kuwait traffic by 14% in one year
- Jazeera Airways Group increases Sahaab Leasing capital by US$ 32 million