Consolidated Energy acquires assets of Saudi American Minerals
Consolidated Energy has acquired all the assets of Saudi American Minerals (SAMI). SAMI is active in clean coal technology. SAMI also has a 49 percent interest in a three hundred and fifty million ton coal reserve in Montana and CEI plans to develop coal mines on these reserves and to utilize the clean coal technologies on this project.
Bituminous, Sub Bituminous and Lignite coal can be burned cleanly, greatly reducing or eliminating black smoke and particle emission pollution into the atmosphere. The process also increases the BTU calorific heat value of the coal, which substantially increases the monetary added value to the product.
SAMI has a signed joint venture agreement with Siani Coal Company, a government owned coal company in Egypt, to utilize the technology on a large coal-mining project that has been developed in the Sinai Desert by the Egyptian government. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Consolidated Energy completes merger with Saudi American Minerals
- TAQA Second Quarter and First Half 2010 Financial Results
- Japanese sign agreement with Saudis for mineral prospecting
- Short-term bliss? GCC economies 'resilient' despite dip in oil prices
- State domination in the ME oilsector: An asset or a liability in a low-price world?