Construction of Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry's new headquarters awarded
A BD8.29 million contract for the construction of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry's (BCCI) new headquarters in Sanabis was awarded to Cebarco Thursday.
According to GDN, BCCI president Khalid Kanoo signed the agreement with Bahrain-based Cebarco's managing director Khalid Abdulrahim, at a ceremony at the chamber premises in Manama.
The foundation stone for the new headquarters was laid in January this year by the Prime Minister, with Crown Prince and BDF Commander-in-Chief Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
The 20-storey building will have an auditorium which can take up to 750 people, a business centre, a library, a cafeteria and majlis on the ground floor, said project manager Dheya Towfiqi.
The basement will have a parking facility for 170 cars. The first four floors will accommodate the BCCI offices, which will also include a training centre and lecture halls.
The remaining 16 floors will be rented out as office space, conveyed Mr Towfiqi.
The top floor of the building will feature a Businessmen's Club, which will provide a venue for businessmen for their social get-togethers.
- Global Banking Corporation presented with the British Chamber of Commerce Award for Business Innovation
- R&M recognized as a leading exporter in Dubai
- Bahrain: Al Ayam headquarters project
- Dubai Chamber promotes Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award in Oman, Bahrain
- Bahrain Keraleeya Samajam to get new premises